Janell's Blog

Thursday, January 25, 2007

A little fun distraction!

My mom came to visit me this week and helped me out tremendously. I am so thankful to have her only an hour away. By the time she left i was caught up on laundry. My fridge was stocked (At 38 weeks mobility is a very big issue especially around the grocery store) and I had clean sheets on all the beds. Ethan and Samuel clung to Rina and had her full day scheduled with events the minute she walked in the door. We laughed more than you can imagine and cried a lot too. I guess i should say i did all the crying since the baby hasn't come yet and my emotions and mood swings are are truly getting the better of me. We timed a lot of contractions which gave us false hope.Since trips in a car are somewhat forbidden and especially taxing- mom took me out for some much needed fresh air. We visited the best park ever and froze our tails off. We hit some great consignment stores in which Samuel purchased his very own flash light all by himself for .50 cents (he put his receipt on the fridge when he came home and stares at it so proudly) and we found the best pink baskets at Big Lots to hold lots of misc baby stuff. I am sad that she is now gone. Yesterday was Sam's day off and we had a great pajama day. We watched movies and played board games. The boys had a great battle with dad on the floor. Sam made some wonderful lunch as I put my feet up and chilled out. He is my best friend. We laughed a lot yesterday and listened to some great old Dean Martin songs and drank LOTS OF COFFEE. We had so much fun watching American Idol ( what crazy people ).I do have to admit though the best part of my day was my very eventful doctor visit yesterday morning- in which I was told i am now dilated 3 cm and -1 station. I have never been a 3cm at home with any of my boys. I am peacefully waiting for the storm to come. My Braxton Hix contractions have ceased. A much answered prayer request- Although I have the very painful and annoying false contractions to thank for being -1 station and dilated to 3cm. I gained my courage to start using the treadmill again and strapped myself in for a good 2 mile walk last night and another 2 mile walk this morning, but nothing has happened. I was Fragile early on with this pregnancy and now she is sturdier than ever. I am just so thankful to have made it to 38 weeks. All i want is a very healthy plump little girl. Sam and i started building her dresser around 1:30 in the morning last night and after a coffee filled night we just died midway through our project. Our bed called to us and sleep never felt so good. My doctor didn't set my appointment for next week since his assumption is i can go any day now. When your doctor tells you that you know the end is near. I thought for sure that yesterday would be my lucky day (24th) but God has other plans. His timing is always perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Blog Counter