Janell's Blog

Friday, July 28, 2006

Nothing but smiling faces

I left my camera in Sam's car so I have no pictures of the wonderful day we spent swimming. The boys were scared at first because the lake was so big and dark, but that lasted about 2 seconds. Fitted with their life jackets they doggy paddled and explored everything they could. Of course, I was next to them the whole day. Mom’s, their babies and water I think are a customary recipe for paranoia. The boys went behind the boat and were towed on big inflatable boat beds. I could see only cheers and smiling faces until the raft tipped over and of course it was the end of the world. Samuel didn’t let go and was dragged a bit, but after a big comforting hug he was ready to go again. I finally fulfilled my long wish of swimming underwater. The water was perfect. It was not to cold or hot and I felt if I could I would transform into a fish at any moment and live underwater forever. Our day was cut short by the need for work and i said goodbye to my beloved water with tears in my eyes. My two hour drive home was enveloped with views of table rock mountain, Caesars Head, lots of green covered hills and expensive houses. The boys were sad to leave, but anxiously await our visit again to the water. Their little eyes closed 10 minutes into our ride home and were opened when we arrived at our doorstep. The water tuckered them out good.
Sam has had a full schedule of games this week and was housed in Morganton for two days to umpire the end of the scbl season. He decided to attack the weeds today and left them no chance of survival after drenching them continuously with round up. I love the look of cut grass and trimmed edges. My tomato plants are growing and i can't wait till they redden for the plucken. Ethan was in a pretty funny state this morning he was going around with yellow stick it notes and handing us paychecks for gas and a variety of things. Of course we all received tickets to see Thomas. I was picking up sticky notes all day. Sam told me later that Ethan had given him 5 paychecks and i asked him what they were for and he told him to buy toys for Ethan and gas. I guess he hears me and Sam saying we need to gas up all the time. Too funny.
Today I baked a lasagna i had left already to go the day before. For some reason we couldn’t stop drinking lemonade today. The boys kept repeating how delicious it was and I couldn't stop smiling. My neighbor came by today to give me cupcakes she had baked for us on “Sunday”. As she handed me the glass bowl Bailey jumps on me and knocks it our of my hands and onto the floor. She is always baking us some delicious treat :) (except today is Friday ). I am thankful to have such sweet neighbors!!! She has offered many times to baby sit so Sam and i could go on a date. I think i will take her up on that offer one of these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Blog Counter