Janell's Blog

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I finally get to submerg!!

The boys have managed to get stuck in the closet behind me. They have gone from best friends to sworn enemies because of a small toy airplane. As always, there’s that one toy that stirs up problems and so many tears. After a hug and a kiss and of course a few minutes in time out they're back to loving each other. Samuel Sang 5 songs with his church group on Sunday. They were maritime themed and all the kids wore sailor hats they made in class. Samuel waved to me more than he sang, and when it came time to sign language his treasure song he did wonderfully. We stayed for service and the large ice cream social in the new fellowship hall ( Which is huge and below ground. So if a bomb alert were in order I know where I will be taking me family). In which case I should have put paper bags covering up everything except their little faces. Samuels hair is extremely long and curls only on one side. He looks like he does not belong in this era. I ran a lot of errands yesterday and one of which was a much needed trip to the oil change station. As we were leaving, Samuel was glued to the cars that were being fixed next to the big service window. The mechanic opened the door and Samuel screams at the top of his lungs. I could have heard him a mile away. The mechanic ignores the loud scream and keeps walking... how rude. I look at little Samuels face and his expression says it all. He points down to his toe and its covered in blood. The top nail on his big toe was bent back in half after experiencing a clash with the door. I understand it was an accident, but to walk away and not say anything or even offer a Band-Aid infuriated me. I couldn’t resist giving the man the evil eye as I helped Samuel wobble to the car.

Monday was my anniversary and we had a wonderful relaxing day at home. Sam cooked me and the boys steak sandwiches for dinner and after the boys were in bed we both finished a large pot of coffee and watched “Elephants Attack” on national geographic. Of course when “The Elephant” show was on commercial break we watched “Shark Hunters“. Instead of popcorn we ate trail mix and baby Ruth bars. Not very healthy, but its what I was craving. The air conditioner was set at 70 so we could cuddle warmly under our flannel blanket. We had such a wonderful peaceful evening. Seven years together and I feel I have known my love forever and yet time has passed quickly. I remember the wonderful feeling of walking into our very own apartment for the first time and shortly their after baby Samuel joined our lives. We are so blessed.
Tomorrow we will be joining Daniel and his family at their lake house for the day. I can’t wait! I have tried to completely sink myself in water, but every attempt I try something prevents me. I filled up our pool to swim well maybe not swim, but definitely sink. Then lightening struck and Bailey took a nice big bite out of it. On my birthday we had set out to try the new water park in town and come to find out as we pull up it was field trip day. We then drove to pleasant ridge park were the lake is open from 10:00 to 3:00. Sadly the last 2 occasions I have been; the lake has been closed to thunder and insufficient swimmers. I tell you to speak of the water drives me mad. I know a huge part of it all is because I am pregnant, but that is a reason to continue my mission for submersion. I was watching jaws last night and I kept thinking to myself who cares about the shark. Just look at the people swimming. Their whole bodies underwater; every pore of their skin drenched in water. Yes, I am pregnant…I know. I need to join the Y and maybe my need for a completely refreshing water submersion will be quenched. On a different note, what woke me up today was not the phone ringing; as in which case I automatically reply CMS, but my sciatic nerve on my left leg. Ouch! The pain is truly uncomfortable.
Well tomorrow we will swim and the day will be wonderful and I will have lots of pictures to post. I had to post in different colors of blue as all i can think of in this heat is WATER!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

Saturday, February 3, 2007 at 9:43:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Blog Counter