Janell's Blog

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Feeling the affects!

I was at the grocery store and on our way out staring us in the face is 3 tall delicious soda pop machines ( I never buy soft drinks since my teeth are so damaged because of them). The day was hot and sticky so the soda pop machine looked so good. The previous day I had dreams of swimming in a huge pool (cool and refreshing) surrounded by ice cold floating cans of coke. I think most pregnant women have that dream. Well the minute the boys spot the machine they are begging for some sprite. I dig in my purse and find only 4 quarters. I immediately put the quarters into the machine and punch Pepsi. Samuel and Ethan look at me puzzled since i usually let them punch the button. The boys act so upset since i didn't let them choose. Samuel then grabs the Pepsi out of the dispenser and with a
huge smile on his face he says, " Mom... your going to actually let us get hyper, cool mom." I just laughed. Kids say the cutest things. In my selfish quest for refreshment i made the worst decision ever. They consumed the majority of the Pepsi for me; they reluctantly allowed me a few sips in between. I then proceeded to drop them off at vacation Bible school(hee hee hee). I was Thinking they would get tuckered out and my error of judgment wouldn't haunt me when they got home. I was wrong. Ethan stayed up till 1:00 am and Samuel fell asleep around 11:00pm. Caffeine goes a long way in the body of a little one.
Well this morning is the first time i felt true morning sickness. I woke up and showered to start my day and Sam was already making breakfast for the Samuel and Ethan. He made a delicious breakfast of cheesy eggs and sausage (that i would have eaten on any non-pregnant day), but today the smell of it just made me feel so sick. I ran out the back door and sat down waiting for the smell of meat to leave the house. Of course the hole house smelled of breakfast for along time. But 20 minutes later a tall glass of water and a frozen peach and i was relieved a little.
The Doctor told me i seem to be in perfect health after all my results came back from my physical. Sam seems to be affected by this pregnancy as well. All he wants to do is eat Watermelon. He bought a whole watermelon yesterday and consumed more than half of it by himself. He says that he has the refreshing itch just like me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacie said...

Ahh, cravings. I'm sorry you are having morning sickness. You know, they do say that women get more morning sickness when they are having a girl...

Monday, June 19, 2006 at 10:23:00 AM EST  
Blogger Janell said...

Then bring on the morning sickness some more, but i just know its going to be a precious little boy!!!

Monday, June 19, 2006 at 12:14:00 PM EST  
Blogger Stacie said...

I saw this lady at the doctor's office yesterday with 5 little boys, they looked so sweet!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 at 3:44:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Blog Counter