Janell's Blog

Monday, June 05, 2006

Fishing





I love fishing!! When I was little my dad would take me fishing all the time. There is nothing like fixing up your own rod, placing bait on the hook and catching a fish. One day I will be able to teach my boys how to dive and spear, but all in good time. I love Samuel’s spirit. He is so ready to learn and his excitement in helping Ethan with the little things brings a big smile to my heart. I have to thank my parents for showing me such a great love for the outdoors.
This weekend I decided to show Samuel how to fish with his first fishing rod (which happens to be an ultra blue batman rod that can be found my favorite store: Wal-Mart.) I highly recommend it for first timers. The handle is rubber and lets little fingers get a really great grip. The release button for casting is completely fool proof. I have to say after this weekend Samuel was baiting his rod and casting beautifully. Ethan also had great time fetching us the worms and keeping Bailey are ferocious dog protector entertained. She really has turned out to be wonderful dog. Except for the howling and the incessant barking we love her to death. Sam was packed out with games all weekend and unfortunately a few got rained out.
Today is a beautifully hot day and with our AC giving us some problems downstairs I think we will be walking around with spray bottles and tank tops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Blog Counter