Janell's Blog

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Pretty Baby

She didn't hesitate when i pulled them out of the bag. It was like she always knew that this is what they were used for. How could she know? I never use rollers- on the contrary i use an straightening iron to get rid of those obnoxious curls that frizz on me during the summer time. Vienna sat in front of me quietly as i put each roller in her hair. Her hair is very thin and very straight. Only when she finishes her bath and i add a little cream to her hair can i achieve to get a glimpse of what a curl would look like. She was so delighted and couldn't stop smiling when i did her hair. When i finished putting the rollers in she made sure that her daddy and brothers noticed her transformation. She walked up to each of them whacked them for attention and then smiled. When time had come to take them out her facial expression of happiness quickly turned to discomfort. I had sprayed some hairspray and the rollers did not come out as gently as they had gone in. Growing up i played with dollies and did what every little girl does: I changed their diapers, dressed them, built a tent out of sheets for them, strolled them around the house, nursed them just like my mommy did and now to see her playing and loving to participate in such things i am in heaven. My mom recently found in a box a cloth front pack i used to carry my dollies around the house in. Vienna is now playing with it and i can't help think WOW - is this my baby that was just born 18 months ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Blog Counter