Janell's Blog

Monday, July 09, 2007

Four lightsabers aren't enough

Yesterday we had the cousins over for a cookout. Sam went to the store and returned with really thick burgers and lots of goodies. I seasoned them with delicious spices i received for my birthday. I set the outdoor table with my blue china and beaded napkin holders. I also adorned the table with some green shrubs from my yard. The key is not too formal, but still kid friendly. It was really pretty. I should have taken a picture, but i forgot. Soon after they arrived, I took the little ones for a wagon ride around the block.We past a pirate house with a great big red flag and speed down the mountain of doom. The Kitty's got along great for the first few hours then things turned a little ugly. After they called each other stupid, and beat up on one another - we separated the kids and gave them each a playing zone. That lasted about five minutes. A little later we all sat down to watch Deja Vu. I can speak for everyone when i say- it felt like we were watching the movie on TNT, but with longer commercial breaks. All in all we decided to stop the movie when the commercial breaks ( kids fighting) started happening more often. Although, the night was highlighted by great coffee and cheesecake. I do have to say, the time out chair was kept warm most of the night. Somehow all the action didn't seem to make my boys any sleepier. When bed time came around they were still wide awake and ready for another round of rough play. But such is life. After the cousins left we watched a little Thomas and Friends to settle down for the evening. We all cuddled under our new favorite blanket. I can't believe I'm saying this but, hearing only the voice of Thomas and his lucky engines was amazingly soothing after a night filled with many unhappy little voices. Sam carried the boys up to bed and we finished watching Deja Vu together. The movie was great. It sort of reminded me of the movie "Somewhere in Time" with Christopher Reeve. You know that movie. The one where you wonder where did the penny come from. Sam left us this morning for work and i am missing him terribly. I hope this week goes by quickly. Maybe it will go by faster if i paint something. HMMM.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad things calmed down for you guys after we left. the kids were asleep in the car before we left greer. crabby, sleepy kids. aargh!

thanks for dinner and all. it was fun while the fun lasted. :)

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 at 6:50:00 AM EST  
Blogger Janell said...

We had a great time. Maybe next time we can get together earlier in the day and hopefully they will all be in better spirits.
:)

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 at 4:10:00 PM EST  
Blogger Tonya said...

janell hopefully this will help you find me!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 at 5:23:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Blog Counter