Janell's Blog

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Picture Day!


Today was picture day!! Our morning started out very crazy, but all the while we had fun. I set my alarm(my phone) the night before to wake up on time for pictures at 9:00a.m. I woke up this morning and realized that my cell phone had died in the middle of the night. I was devastated when i saw the clock in my room flashing 10:00a.m. I felt so bad. I immediately thought i had missed Samuel and Ethan's picture day. I looked next to me and Vienna and the boys were sound asleep. As i hung my head low i heard the sweet sound of chirping birdies. I suddenly realized those birds don't chirp unless its before 8:00 a.m. Sure enough -i ran downstairs and the clock said 7:47a.m. I need to get a functional clock upstairs. I plop with relief back under my cuddly covers with the warmth of my babies and the gentle sound of their breathing. Due to my scenario I couldn't resist closing my eyes to take a small cat nap. Just a few more minutes of rest i told myself - It's Saturday. I arose to realize my little cat nap was a little too long. The clock was flashing 8:30 am. I had half an hour to get Vienna out of her PJ's- with butt washed and the boys all dressed and of course looking ever so dapper for pictures. We made it just in time; we arrived with 3 minutes to spare. On my way out the door i grabbed some snacks and juice pops so our tummies wouldn't get the better of us during our morning adventure. When we arrived kids were running all over the place and parents were standing in long lines to get their individual childs photo taken. I stood in line patiently and watched with a smile on my face. I watched my boys laughing and playing "tag your it" as we waited in line. I ordered lots of pictures and I can't wait to display them on my wall. I am one proud mama. We finished the pictures just in time to make it to Ethans baseball game that started at 11:00a.m. I do have to mention as i was placing my order at the picture table this very rude baseball dad butted in front of me and gave me attitude. The cashier realized i had been first in line and turned her attention toward me as the next customer. This dad proceeded to throw down his pictures and huff and puff. I politely told the very patient old lady to attend him so we can get rid of him. This baseball dad woke up on the losing end of the game. His child saw how he behaved and i know one day if he is not taught differently he will sadly behave in the same manor as his father did. Ethan did a great job at his game today. He scored a running point and decided to run the bases while his team was in the outfield. He made it around twice when his coach tending to other matters noticed and sent him back to second base. It was a very cute site though. Just like last week -a train passed by capturing all their little attentions and the game was at a stand still till it passed. We celebrated a great day with a wonderful Arbys outdoor meal. The boys ate lots of curly fries and drank down all their sprite before their chicken sandwiches were consumed.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Blog Counter