Janell's Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Just what i needed.


Today was a pretty grueling day. Samuel threw up all over the living room floor, couch, and managed to get some inside his favorite sneakers. We started the day out in a normal fashion. Samuel and i ate cereal together, and started our school day. He was finishing up with history when he told me his tummy hurt. I had him lie down on the couch and rest. Five minutes later the scene unfolded. Rather than cleaning the chunks that graced the living room - i took out the carpet instead. YUP , i ripped it out. I don't think carpet should have ever been invented. The person who thought it ideal to place beige carpet in homes was not right in the mind. What in the world. I know i did the unthinkable, but trust me if you had experienced what i did you probably would have done the same thing. Carpet and Kids just does not function. I felt great relief to walk on the cold cement floor. And boy did i feel at ease when Samuel later spilled his drink all over the cement floor. Hopefully by the end of the week i will have something functional in its place. Ethan was my little helper today. It's so much easier when they get older and can help entertain the little ones. Ethan sang for Vienna and kept her laughing while i cleaned up the messes. Late afternoon Samuel started feeling better and insisted that if I give him spaghetti's he will be cured of all sickness. Wiping his little tears and telling him he can't eat just breaks my heart. Later on he ate some crackers and was able to keep them down. I hope this will get out of his system quickly. During my adventurous day today I peaked out my backdoor and saw the most inspiring, beautiful, bright colored rainbow i have ever seen. I felt like I could just reach out and grab the rainbow. What a beautiful promise God gave us.

"I have set my rainbows in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth. So Go said to Noah, "this is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth." Genesis 9:13-17
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Blog Counter