Janell's Blog

Monday, April 03, 2006

Sam's Birthday
























The Birthday boy started out by having a wonderful breakfast with none other than his two best friends- Samuel & Ethan. On the menu for breakfast - blueberry waffles. Later in the afternoon Sam left for some games in Easley and the boys and I started out for Wal-Mart to get supplies for his birthday party. We bought a wonderful cake (unfortunately it had the worst icing ever) and lots of balloons that my buddies helped me blow up to decorate the table. We made him some chicken parmesan with pasta for dinner, and (of course) waiting for him a whole pot of his favorite black coffee. I was sad when the present we ordered for him didn't arrive on time, but this morning during our Bible reading it came. What perfect timing- Sam and I have been reading through the Bible and find that there is so much more meaning behind certain words that we have not been able to fully grasp. So in the mail came Strong’s latest concordance and Vines expository dictionary of the Old and New Testament. Needless to say we thoroughly enjoyed our research time this morning. I am so excited for our reading time again tomorrow. Don't you just love learning? I am sponge for knowledge except when it comes to math. For some reason I can't absorb certain functions, and problem solving in the mathematical world no matter how hard I try. But why try when Sam can do all the math in his head for me . We rented some movies to watch on birthday night ( Inspector Gadget 2 & Zathura). The boys went to bed after supper and Sam and I sat on the couch to watch the first game of the MLB opening season. I was tired from a long day and I tried to cheer and watch for a while - but my eyes just wouldn't stay open.
Although Sam did flip between commercials to this great show on HGTV "History and Treasures found in Old homes."
One family discovered that their home once belonged to the infamous Pillsbury’s. Mrs. Pillsbury left a delightful journal behind cataloging all her life’s experiences. Another home owner found a letter from Abraham Lincoln in their attic.
Well here is a picture journal of Sam's Special Birthday day. I hope you enjoy the pictures and melt away with those sweet faces.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacie said...

Happy Birthday Sam! It sounds like you all had a wonderful day. The pictures are so sweet. :)

Tuesday, April 4, 2006 at 11:30:00 AM EST  
Blogger prairie girl said...

Ditto, Stacie. The pictures are wonderful, almost like we could have been there.

I miss you guys and can't wait to come down for a visit one of these days and watch a game umpired by my sweet birthday boy!

Love,
Mom

Tuesday, April 4, 2006 at 11:44:00 AM EST  
Blogger greenemama said...

happy birthday, sam! ::hugs::

Tuesday, April 4, 2006 at 1:16:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Blog Counter